Advocacy & Resources
These statistics underline the devastating toll homelessness takes on mothers and their children.
Homeless mothers must be caring, attentive parents in the worst circumstances.
Homeless children must overcome greater obstacles than their peers.
- 92% have experienced severe physical and/or sexual abuse.
- 50% have had a major depressive episode.
- 33% have a chronic physical health condition.
- 83% have been exposed to a serious violent event.
- They are four times as likely to show delayed development.
- They are twice as likely to have learning disabilities.
- They are three times as likely to have emotional and behavioral problems.
To find out more, please visit the following links:
Facts About Homelessness:
The National Center on Family Homelessness:
National Alliance to End Homelessness:
National Coalition for the Homeless:
Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania:
National Low Income Housing Coalition:
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities:
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development:
U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness: