Don't sit idly by as your New Year's resolutions about exercise slip away with the passing months.
The American Council on Exercise suggests how you can meet your fitness goals all year long:
- Make sure your goals are attainable and realistic, and that you include short-term goals.
- Resolve to make a series of small changes that add up to big results.
- Be specific. Instead of resolving to exercise more, plan on a particular activity on certain days of the week.
- Make sure your goals are based on your personal, strong desire to make changes for yourself, not someone else.
- Get creative in finding ways to exercise, such as walking more during errands.
- Plan for obstacles, and remember to reward yourself when you succeed.
- Create a support system to help you stick with your goals.
Looking to join a new gym? The Holy Redeemer Health and Fitness Center is offering a one year membership for only $199—that's less than $17/month! Located conveniently on the campus of Holy Redeemer Hospital, you'll enjoy the benefits of an experienced, degreed staff, state-of-the-art equipment and a fitness program designed around your needs.
To learn more about this limited-time offer or more about the Health and Fitness Center, visit holyredeemer.com/fitnesscenter or call 215-947-5971. Hurry, offer expires January 31, 2014.
Copyright © 2013 Krames StayWell except where otherwise noted.