Varicose veins are enlarged, bulging veins often found on the thighs, calves or inside the leg that can cause significant pain when standing or walking. They are rarely serious but sometimes warrant evaluation by a doctor.
If you experience any of these signs, you should have your varicose veins seen by a doctor:
- When varicose veins are tender to the touch, warm, swollen and red.
- If a rash or sores appear on the leg in the ankle area.
- If skin color changes or skin thickens around the ankle or calf.
- If a varicose vein bleeds.
- If symptoms affect your ability to do daily tasks.
- If their appearance bothers you.
Holy Redeemer Hospital is offering a free educational seminar about how you can rid yourself of painful, unsightly varicose veins Tuesday, May 14, 2013 from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Entitled, "Don't Let Varicose Veins Drag You Down," Holy Redeemer Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon Gabor Winkler, MD, will discuss a minimally invasive procedure that treats varicose veins with little or no discomfort and a fast recovery time. Come and rest your legs and enjoy complimentary refreshments.
Registration is required for all programs. To register call 1-800-818-4747 or visit our Classes and Events page.
Copyright © 2013 Krames StayWell except where otherwise noted.