|Domestic violence affects one in every four women. And the abuse can take many forms: physical, emotional, sexual and economic. Domestic violence is a crime that does not usually stop on its own.
|Are you a victim of domestic violence? Have you ever been:
These are just a few of the many signs of abusive behavior.
- Kicked, punched, slapped, pinned down, kept from leaving a location or threatened with a weapon?
- Forced to have sex?
- Accused of being unfaithful without reason?
- Taunted and ridiculed by your partner?
- Ignored or had your feelings ignored?
- Insulted repeatedly?
- Followed from place to place?
- Isolated from family and friends?
- Refused money for food or other needs?
- Locked out of your home?
Emergency Department: 215-938-2100
Holy Redeemer Counseling Center: 215-914-4190.
Call 911 if you need help or feel you are in danger.