Holy Redeemer Hospice enables people with any life-limiting illness to remain comfortable in familiar surroundings, supported by family and friends. During the advanced stages of an illness, our staff meets both the patient’s physical and emotional needs, allowing them to live out their last days with dignity and comfort.
The unsurpassed breadth of expertise of our interdisciplinary team allows us to provide the most advanced therapies, medications, counseling, personal services and palliative care for symptom management and pain control.
The Hospice Team
The Holy Redeemer hospice team is guided by the needs and wishes of the patient and family and includes them as important members of the care team. This integrated, multi-disciplinary group includes:
- The patient and family
- The patient’s personal physician
- Hospice Medical Director
- Specially trained nurses
- Medical Social Workers
- Pastoral counselors
- Home Health Aides
- Physical, occupational & speech therapists
- Complementary therapists
- Bereavement counselors available to assist with the grieving process
A Complementary Therapy Program Offers Holistic Solutions for Patients and Families
Often called alternative therapies, complementary therapies are just that – they complement the effectiveness of traditional medical care. Holy Redeemer Hospice recognizes the value of these therapies as a way to help reduce the effects of fear, worry and stress on both the patient during the end stages of an illness, and the family during their caregiving and bereavement period. Therapies, which are provided without fee for those in the hospice program, may include:
Flexible Options for Personalized Care
Comprehensive hospice services can be provided in many settings:
- At home
- In a nursing home, personal care, or assisted living facility
- At local contracted hospitals
- Hospice at Holy Redeemer Hospital
- In collaboration with Holy Redeemer Hospital, we provide individualized hospice care in an inpatient setting. When appropriate care becomes difficult to manage at home – such as with uncontrolled pain or other symptoms – a higher level of skilled nursing care may be required. In those cases, inpatient hospice may be recommended.
- Respite Care
- Short-term respite care is an option when caregivers need a break from the day-to-day responsibilities of caring for a loved one. You can expect the same expert level of care from our in-house staff as you would from our in-home team.
For more information or to coordinate an admission, please call 1-888-678-8678.
Holy Redeemer Hospice offers services in three counties in Pennsylvania (Bucks, Montgomery and Philadelphia) and nine counties in New Jersey (Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Mercer, Ocean and Salem).