|Coming home after a hospital or rehabilitation stay is a welcome event, but making that transition safely and comfortably isn’t easy for every patient. The Holy Redeemer Safe Transitions Program is here to help. This unique service can safely transition patients to home after their hospital or rehabilitation discharge.
The first few hours home again are a critical time for patients, and our caregivers are trained to ensure they arrive home safely, settle in comfortably and stay securely in their home, again.
Here’s how we can help patients settle in at home again:
- Transportation - Your caregiver will provide safe, comfortable transportation home from the hospital or rehab center. No need to worry about a ride home - we’re there when you need us.
- Escort into your home - Don’t worry about managing stairs or tight spaces. Your caregiver is highly trained to move you safely from the car into your home.
- Unpacking and laundry - don’t worry about unpacking and washing clothes. Your caregiver will make sure that’s done for you.
- Food and meals for you - *Your caregiver will clean out your refrigerator, removing spoiled or outdated food and replace them with fresh foods from your local market. If you wish, he or she will even prepare a meal for you.
- Light housekeeping - If you need your kitchen tidied or your bed made, your caregiver will be happy to do that for you. Just let him or her know what you need.
- Prescription pick-up - *Many patients are released from the hospital with new prescriptions. Your caregiver will go to the pharmacy and make sure you have all the medicines your doctor has prescribed.
There are many reasons why patients choose to take advantage of the Holy Redeemer Safe Transitions Program:
- No one is able to accompany you home - There is no one nearby who is available to assist you with transportation to your home.
- Family members or friends don’t have to take off of work or alter their schedule - You don’t have to worry about inconveniencing friends, family members or neighbors.
- We’re ready when you are - Release times from the hospital can be unpredictable and a loved one may not be ready when you are.
- Ensuring peace of mind - A trained caregiver can safely move patients in and ensure you have everything you need for a successful transition home.
Just like a loved one would do, our caregivers welcome patients back home with care and support. Our program is here to help make getting home easier while decreasing the chance that you’ll have to return to the hospital.
To schedule a transport or to learn more about the Holy Redeemer Safe Transitions Program, call 215-698-3719 for a FREE phone consultation.
*Charges for food or prescriptions are the responsibility of the patient.
Are you interested in a career as a Home Health Aide?
Learn More >