When planning a trip abroad, it’s important to think ahead, especially about your health. Disease outbreaks, food and water risks and insect infestations can result in unexpected health problems. Holy Redeemer is your one-stop resource for all of your pre-travel health needs, including required and recommended immunizations and routine tests, tips about dietary and recreational safeguards and prescriptions for appropriate travel medications.
To make an appointment at the Holy Redeemer Travelers’ Health & Immunization Center, call 215-938-2165.
|Just as you rely on the professional expertise of a travel agent to plan your trip, consulting with a travel health physician is equally important. Your pre-travel consultation, which is directed by Michael Lucca, MD, who is certified in travel medicine, includes:
- Assessment of your health history and medical needs based on your travel itinerary
- Alerts about health information specific to your travel destinations
- Determination for and administration of required immunizations
- Prescriptions for any necessary travel-related medications
- Precautionary health and safety tips specific to your travel plans
The Holy Redeemer Travelers’ Health & Immunization Center is a state-certified yellow fever vaccine center, an important resource for individuals bound for parts of Central and South America, Africa or other mosquito-infested areas.
To get the most from your pre-travel health consultation, please be sure to:
- Schedule an appointment at least eight weeks prior to your trip to allow for multiple doses of required vaccines
- Bring your travel itinerary for analysis of regional health issues
- Be prepared to provide detailed information about your current health status and your vaccination history
In addition to your pre-travel health consultation, it is wise to prepare-before you leave- for medical and non-medical emergencies that could happen while traveling. We recommend that you always keep the following with you as you travel out of the country:
- Health history
- Physician contacts
- Immunization information
- Health insurance information
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact us at 215-938-2165.