No two expectant parents or families are the same. That’s why we offer a comprehensive range of classes to accommodate every need. We'll be with you every step of the way so you can relax and enjoy this most wonderful experience.
Call 1-800-818-4747 and we'll help you find the perfect series of classes to coincide with your due date. We can also give you more details about all of our classes and help you determine the ones that may be most beneficial to you. You can also view our Classes & Events page for a full listing of our offerings.
- Taught by registered nurses who are certified childbirth educators, these classes provide a primer on what to expect during labor, birth and the postpartum period. This four-session series also focuses on the role of mom's support person and comfort measures, including conscious relaxation and breathing techniques. The class also includes a tour of the Maternity Center. A condensed two-day course is also available. Recommended for women in their seventh and eighth months of pregnancy and their partners.
- Provided as an alternative for couples who are unable to attend the traditional evening Prepared Childbirth series. Lunch is provided. The program also includes a tour of the Maternity Center. Recommended for women in their seventh and eighth months of pregnancy and their partners.
- This class reviews the labor and birth process with an emphasis on relaxation, breathing and other coping techniques. An optional tour of the Maternity Center is included. Recommended for those who have attended a childbirth education program in the past.
- In one evening, you'll learn what to expect, discuss the emotional and physical responses to having a cesarean birth, review anesthesia options and discuss pre- and post-operative care. A tour of the Maternity Center is optional. Recommended for those who know they are having a cesarean birth.
- Bathing. Diapering. Feeding. Temperature taking. A new baby comes with lots of new responsibilities. Learn these skills from an expert so that you can relax and enjoy your new arrival. Recommended for expectant and new parents, grandparents and babysitters.
- Taught by an Internationally Board-Certified Lactation Consultant, this class helps prepare you for nursing your baby. You'll learn about the benefits of breastfeeding, getting started, dietary guidelines and managing breastfeeding while working outside the home. Recommended for women who are planning to nurse, or who are undecided, as well as partners and grandparents.
- Help big brothers- and sisters-to-be prepare for their new role in the family. This class includes a visit to the newborn nursery, and even a celebration party. During the 90 minute session, participants discuss newborn care, what it's like to have a new baby in the house and their feelings about sharing time with mom and dad. Recommended for children ages three to seven who are about to become a big-brother, big-sister.
Tuesdays, June 16 or July 21, 2015 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
This class, intended for parents, family, and friends, provides basic instruction in CPR (hands-only adult CPR, infant and child CPR and what to do if an adult or child is choking). This program follows the guidelines of the American Heart Association. This is not a certifying or credentialing course.
Cost: $35 - register a friend or family member at the same time and receive a discounted rate of $15 for the second person (discount limited to one person)
Location: Holy Redeemer Hospital, 1648 Huntingdon Pike, 4th Floor, Suite 4C, Meadowbrook
Saturday, June 6, 2015 from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Learn basic massage techniques to ease colic and to help your baby sleep and relax. This class teaches gentle exercises and basic aromatherapy for pre-crawling infants. The group is open to parents and baby, expectant parents or grandparents.
Location: Holy Redeemer Women's HealthCare at Southampton, 45 2nd Street Pike, Southampton, PA 18966
3rd Wednesday of each month from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
This group offers new and expectant moms the opportunity to get out of the house and spend time with other women just like them. Each month the theme for the meeting will change, but the focus is to provide a place to socialize and share thoughts, feelings and ideas in a relaxed atmosphere. Babies are welcome!
Cost: Free. A donation of $5 is encouraged at each meeting, but not required.
Location: Holy Redeemer HealthCare at Bensalem - Reflection Room, 3300 Tillman Drive, Bensalem, PA 19020