No two expectant parents or families are the same. That’s why we offer a comprehensive range of classes to accommodate every need. We'll be with you every step of the way so you can relax and enjoy this most wonderful experience.
Call 1-800-818-4747 and we'll help you find the perfect series of classes to coincide with your due date. We can also give you more details about all of our classes and help you determine the ones that may be most beneficial to you. You can also view our Classes & Events page for a full listing of our offerings. If you're having a cesarean birth, information about what to expect is available at your obstetrician's office. Should you have additional questions, please contact our Childbirth Education Department at 215-938-2998.
- Taught by registered nurses who are certified childbirth educators, these classes provide a primer on what to expect during labor, birth and the postpartum period. This four-session series also focuses on the role of mom's support person and comfort measures, including conscious relaxation and breathing techniques. The class also includes a tour of the Maternity Center. A condensed two-day course is also available. Recommended for women in their seventh and eighth months of pregnancy and their partners.
- Provided as an alternative for couples who are unable to attend the traditional evening Prepared Childbirth series. Lunch is provided. The program also includes a tour of the Maternity Center. Recommended for women in their seventh and eighth months of pregnancy and their partners.
- This class reviews the labor and birth process with an emphasis on relaxation, breathing and other coping techniques. An optional tour of the Maternity Center is included. Recommended for those who have attended a childbirth education program in the past.
- Bathing. Diapering. Feeding. Temperature taking. A new baby comes with lots of new responsibilities. Learn these skills from an expert so that you can relax and enjoy your new arrival. Recommended for expectant and new parents, grandparents and babysitters.
- Taught by an Internationally Board-Certified Lactation Consultant, this class helps prepare you for nursing your baby. You'll learn about the benefits of breastfeeding, getting started, dietary guidelines and managing breastfeeding while working outside the home. Recommended for women who are planning to nurse, or who are undecided, as well as partners and grandparents.
- Help big brothers- and sisters-to-be prepare for their new role in the family. This class includes a visit to the newborn nursery, and even a celebration party. During the 90 minute session, participants discuss newborn care, what it's like to have a new baby in the house and their feelings about sharing time with mom and dad. Recommended for children ages three to seven who are about to become a big-brother, big-sister.
Are you a new mom or mom-to-be interested in staying healthy while pregnant? Join Tracy Andrusko, RN, from Holy Redeemer Labor and Delivery for a fitness class that will boost your energy levels, strengthen and tone your muscles and enhance your birthing experience and recovery. Tracy is a certified fitness instructor with over 30 years experience. All you need is clearance from your obstetrician/primary care provider to be accepted into the class. You do not need to be a member of the Holy Redeemer Health and Fitness Center to participate. A guest waiver must be completed prior to your first class. Call 1-800-818-4747 to register or learn more.
Location: Holy Redeemer Health and Fitness Center, 1648 Huntingdon Pike, Meadowbrook (located on the campus of Holy Redeemer Hospital)
Tuesdays March 15, April 19, and May 17, 2016 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
This class, intended for parents, family, and friends, provides basic instruction in CPR (hands-only adult CPR, infant and child CPR and what to do if an adult or child is choking). This program follows the guidelines of the American Heart Association. This is not a certifying or credentialing course.
Location: Holy Redeemer Hospital, 1648 Huntingdon Pike, 4th Floor, Suite 4C, Meadowbrook