You’re about to make one of the most important decisions of your life. There are many things to consider when choosing an obstetrician and, if this is your first baby, you may not know what to look for. Relax, we’re here to help. Below are some questions to consider to help you find the right doctor or certified nurse-midwife to meet your pregnancy and delivery needs.
- Where does the doctor admit his/her patients for delivery? Is he/she part of your health plan network?
- What are the after-hours and on-call procedures?
- How many people can be present for labor and delivery?
- Will you undergo labor and delivery in the same room or go to a birthing room for delivery?
- What are the policies on visitation and siblings?
- Does the baby stay in the same room with you?
- Are rooms private or semiprivate?
- What breast-feeding support services are available?
- What level of care can the hospital provide to sick newborns?
For more information about Holy Redeemer's board-certified obstetricians or a referral, click here or call 1-800-818-4747.
Text BABY to 511411 to get FREE tips on your cell phone. Charges may apply.
Learn More >
Maternity Center Video
Want to know what sets Holy Redeemer Maternity Care apart?
Learn More >